St Joseph’s Marist College is a Catholic, co-educational school with an holistic approach and strong Marist values. We enable each child to achieve personal excellence, thus empowering them to make a valuable contribution to South Africa and the world.
- We uphold our Catholic ethos and welcome people of all faiths, encouraging mutual respect;
- We embrace the five Marist values:
- Presence – to be present to learners and their needs
- Simplicity – to build relationships that are simple and genuine
- Family Spirit – to develop a family spirit within the school community
- Love of Work – to foster the value of hard work
- In the Way of Mary – to follow Jesus in the way of Mary, a woman open to new possibilities in her life
- We cherish each girl and boy in their uniqueness;
- We provide a safe, caring and nurturing environment;
- Our innovative curriculum and teaching methods enable each child to achieve their full potential;
- Our staff, parents and alumni provide our learners with a solid foundation for life-long learning;
- We develop independent thinkers and confident communicators who interact with integrity;
- We promote learner initiative, responsibility and self-belief;
- We encourage and practise social engagement and responsibility;
- We prepare learners to be either entrepreneurs or highly employable citizens in a rapidly changing world.