- The Pre-primary programme encourages the development of:
- independence and co-operation
- physical development and dexterity
- a love of learning and enquiry
Pre-Primary school Hours
- The Grade R day officially begins at 08:00
- Pre- Grade R days begin at 08:30 and both end at 13:00.
- Supervision is available from 07:00.
Included in the Pre-Primary school day
- Religious Education classes
- Weekly computer lessons in a modern laboratory following a comprehensive programme.
- Half an hour a week of conversational Xhosa
- A rich Grade R music curriculum
- Music and movement classes for the Pre-Grade R children.
- Class swimming in summer
- Outings and regular visits to the Library
Aftercare is available from 13:00 to 14:30, 15:30 or 17:30. A separate registration form needs to be completed. Juice and snacks are provided at aftercare. A holiday care facility is also offered if there is sufficient interest.
Optional private extra-mural activities on offer
- Abagility Maths
- Soccercise Starz
- Clay Play
Grade 1 Readiness
During the Grade R year, the progress of a child is monitored throughout the year. This allows for any lags to be attended to and to ensure adequate planning of the individual programme in Grade 1. In addition, a Grade R child who only turns 6 in the first six months of the year when starting Grade 1 can be assessed for Grade 1 readiness and feedback will be given to the parents.